Jan 26, 2023:
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) shared a list with the names of personalities who will confer with the Padma Awards this year on Wednesday (January 25).
Padma Awards will be honored to 106 people from various fields.
The list comprises 6 Padma Vibhushan, 9 Padma Bhushan, and 91 Padma Shri Awards.
Among 106 Padma Award Recipients, 11 from the northeast conferred Padma Shri.
There are also 7 posthumous awardees on the list.
According to MHA press release, the 11 Padma Awardees names from Northeast are:
- Shri Karma Wangshu (Posthumous) – Social work – Arunachal Pradesh
- Shri Tula Ram Upreti – Others Agriculture – Sikkim
- Shri Moa Subong – Art – Nagaland
- Ms. Neihunuo Sorhie – Art – Nagaland
- Shri Thounaojam Chaoba Singh – Public Affairs – Manipur
- Shri K Shanathoiba Sharma – Sports – Manipur
- Ms. Hemoprova Chutia – Art – Assam
- Shri Narendra Chandra Debbarma (Posthumous) – Public Affairs – Tripura
- Shri Hem Chandra Goswami – Art – Assam
- Ms. K C Runremsangi – Art – Mizoram
- Shri Ramkuiwangbe Jene – Social work – Assam